Tim. 22. Australian. Personal Trainer. Nutritionist. Massage Therapist. Health Professional. Entrepreneur. Life Experimenter. Fighter of the status quo. Damn near certifiable madman at times.
this means a lot, my boyfriend considers him self fat no matter what I tell him. One of my best guy friends thinks no one will date him because he is over weight which is the most un true thing every. All guys bodies are attractive.
This means a lot to me too because my boyfriend also thinks he’s fat regardless of what I say. The saddest day was when I watched him step on a scale and get sad at a number he saw. Spread the love.
My boyfriend always puts himself down because he thinks he’s too skinny, :(
shout out to all my male followers (;
how is it only now that more people seem to be realising that guys suffer too? this isn’t aimed at anyone i’m just saying… i’m a guy and i hate my body, people have laughed in my face before when they found out that i hate myself because they think that only girls suffer… so yeah, boys suffer too.
people don’t seem to realize that men get objectified in ads just as much as women do, they get advertised to about being worthless if they aren’t fit/muscular/handsome/don’t have a girlfriend/don’t have a big dick.
and people say that this is a “mans world,” and they get a lot of flack for not being, acting, looking, or even sounding manly enough.
my boyfriend gets low about his looks compared to others, and no matter how much i tell him otherwise i can tell it still eats away at him.
just like when i get low about my looks.
just remember that guys get degraded by the standards of the media just as much as women do.
BLESS THIS POST
- Carbohydrates, protein, fat, and alcohol have 4, 4, 9, and 7 calories per gram respectively.
- It takes a 3500 calorie deficit to lose 1 pound.
- Insulin and growth hormone have an inverse relationship.
- The average person can store 500 grams of glycogen.
- Only fat and protein are essential macronutrients – carbohydrates aren’t.
- Muscle glycogen is about 3 parts water to 1 part glucose.
- You burn more calories during the 23 hours you don’t exercise than the 1 hour you do.
- You don’t need to do cardio to lose weight.
- The fat burning zone does not burn more total fat calories – only a higher percentage of calories from fat.
- You’re never too old to do squats.
- Weight loss is not a physical challenge – it’s a mental one.
- The scale cannot measure body fat percentage. However, this $5 body fat caliper can.
- You can eat anything you want and still lose weight – but weight doesn’t always equal fat.
- You can’t target fat loss – fat loss is systemic.
- Muscle does not weigh more than fat – it’s just denser than it.
- 0 grams of fat on a label doesn’t always mean there’s no fat in the food product.
- Whole grain bread is still a processed food – pick one that has few ingredients.
- Eating healthy is not more expensive than a junk food diet.
- You can’t calculate body fat percentage from height and weight alone – you need to physically measure it.
- You can get glucose from both protein and glycerol – not just carbohydrates.
- Just because a box says “whole grain” on it, it doesn’t make it healthy.
- You should never attempt weight loss at the expense of your health.
- Being vegetarian doesn’t just mean you don’t eat meat – it means you follow a plant-based diet.
- Workout times and negative side effects are positively correlated.
- Gym membership prices are negotiable.
- Cooking your food can both lower some nutrient content, and make some more bioavailable.
- There’s a high correlation between the fitness level of the people close to you, and your own physical fitness.
- It’s harder to put on 10 pounds of muscle than it is to lose 10 pounds of fat.
- Once an adult, fat cells can be created, but they cannot be lost – only shrunken.
- Eating at night does not make you fat – overeating does.
- You don’t need to do curls to get good biceps.
- Being skinny does not automatically mean you have a low body fat.
- The perimeter of the grocery store is where 90% of the healthy food is.
- If bad food is in the house, you’ll be more likely to eat it.
- Thyroid hormone output and exercise intensity are positively correlated.
- Healthy levels of testosterone are good for both men and women.
- You don’t need a gym membership to strength train.
- Unless you weigh less than 100 pounds, it’s unlikely you need less than 1000 calories to lose weight.
- Workout intensity is positively correlated with the degree of EPOC – the afterburn effect.
- There are 3 types of skeletal muscle fibers – type I, type II-A, and type II-B.
- 80% of people who begin an exercise program will quit.
- The body has 3 energy systems – ATP-PC, anaerobic glycolysis, and aerobic.
- Strength gains come from muscle hypertrophy and improved muscle fiber recruitment.
- Dehydrating a muscle by 3% can cause a 10% loss of strength.
- The thermic effect of food (TEF) is highest for protein.
- Lactic acid is not the cause of delayed-onset muscle soreness (DOMS).
- The more muscle mass you have, the more calories you burn at rest.
- Direct abdominal exercises are not necessary to get good abs.
- You can lose weight and still gain muscle; likewise, you can also gain weight while still losing fat.
- Consistency and patience are key to long term successful weight loss
FOR MORE FITNESS TIPS FOLLOW FIT-OLOGY.
wait wait wait. Is this actually.. a fitness thing… On tumblr…That seems accurate? I call black magic.
I still think #18 is BS but this is a legit list
Agree on that, sort of. For Americans it is BS, I think. The price of vegetables and fruits there is ridiculous. But in Canada and other countries, not really. A bag of chips or box of cookies is much more expensive than 6 apples or something here.
Even in America it is technically cheaper to eat healthy. If you were to buy in bulk and prep, you spend less over all vs the gas used plus food to get fast food every day. I would spend 70 bucks a month on groceries buying healthy.
I saw something the other day, and this may only apply to Australians, but they found that eating a healthy diet costs only $550 more per year than eating an unhealthy one
Saw this posted on my facebook this morning and just had to share. It continually amazes me how many people here on tumblr and elsewhere in the world continue to think the answer to racism is more racism…or that racism against white people is somehow “justified” or “doesn’t count as racism.”
Not only do white people think you’re full of shit, but so do your fellow POC.
omg watch the entire video, it’s so good
i was in tears by the end. i love this show.
Also, I’m learning Spanish and one of the most important things I learned how to say today is
"Yo quiero duerme"
Any of you guys speak Spanish? I wouldn’t mind having conversational partners to practice with once I get a bit more in the way of vocabulary
First online PT has their account set up and everything. Just need to set up their program and we’re off and running.
(If you’re reading this, N, it’s a bit late for me to be writing programs now because I’m going to bed, but I’ll get it done in the morning :) )
I have to wonder about some of my followers. Like, there’s some usernames I recognise because they’re always interacting with my posts and liking and reblog going things from me. But then there’s others that I have no idea who they are because they’ve never done anything. Like, what do you do, just scroll through without liking anything?
Is it bad that I’m at least a little pleased it’s not just Americans that are pointed out as being stupid, and then I just get sad because it’s a worldwide epidemic?
I want to make a snarky response to every one of these.
I am…a bit in awe, truth be told.
BEST. LIST, EVER.
I’ve seen this before, and it’s still unbelievable to me that people can be that stupid.
I want to do bad things to these people.
In short, I would like them removed from the gene pool, please
Ah, #fitspo - Skewing your body image one photo at a time.
I found all of these photoshopped images in either the #fitspo or #fitness tag. So whenever a “fit” woman crosses your dash, please take that motivation with a grain of salt. If you are aiming to become a healthier and more active person, then you don’t need to aspire to a certain body shape in order to make that happen.
**Please do not reblog this post with a comment like “The originals are so much prettier!” or “They look so much better without those insanely fake edits!” Pointing out photoshop is not necessary because it makes women look less attractive to you - Pointing out photoshop is necessary in order to stay true to the way that women are consenting to being portrayed. If you have to insult certain body types in order to compliment these women, then you’re doing it wrong.
personally i like the originals so much better
it’s amazing how the originals have ass and awesome ness and you still photoshop them.
I don’t see where the first set is edited?
^^^ her side rolls idk what to call them..above her hand